Ecopower International has extensive experience with the research and project development, incl. finance of Seawater Air-conditioning systems.
Seawater air-conditioning is an innovative system, which uses cold seawater (between 6 and 10 ┬░C) from the depths of the ocean as a coolant for the air-conditioning systems of buildings situated in a certain radius.
Anywhere around the globe where deep ocean seawater is available (deeper than about 600-800 m) and where the slope of the ocean floor is sufficiently steep, the system can be applied. In moderate climates air-conditioning can also be delivered from thermally stratified lakes with a depth over about 20 m. For higher water intake temperatures hybrid systems can be used.
A Seawater air-conditioning system is suitable for buildings (hotels, offices or industrial processes), which are cooled with conventional central air-conditioning, especially when chilled water runs through these buildings as a coolant.
Some of advantages of a seawater air-conditioning system are:
- Seawater Air-conditioning is proven technology:
- Sweden, Canada (Toronto), USA (New York, Hawaii)
- City cooling is common practice world wide
- Commercially viable
- Up to 90% reduction on energy for cooling and Green House Gas
- Fixed and predictable cooling costs, which could be considerably lower than the total current annual cooling costs.
- Up to 40% reduction in cooling cost for client
- Very low maintenance.
- Very low charge for peak electricity use (only 10% of electric capacity needed).
- SWAC is a natural hedge against oil price fluctuations. No noticeable impact of oil/electricity price increase.
- Practically no noise compared to noisy compressor units of chillers.
- Low space requirement;
- Highly reliable, redundant design, hurricane resistant;
- Expansion plans of development could be covered.
- Increases the asset value of the property, LEED and Green image.
- Contribute to the sustainability of the energy supply and local economies
- New economic sector of agriculture and aquaculture with “free” seawater effluent
Ecopower International delivers the development and operation of Seawater air-Conditioning system. Amongst others our services include: feasibility studies (source and demand evaluation, seabed surveys, pre-engineering, environmental evaluation), financial engineering, financing, contracting and negotiations, engineering, construction supervision and management, exploitation and operational services.